Calendar | Proquest: Advanced Searching: Beyond the Single Search Box
Advanced Searching: Beyond the Single Search Box
This class is provided by Proquest. This class will be offered again if the time is not convenient. CEU’s are not available for this training. Please contact an Electronic Services Coordinator at the South Dakota State Library via email if you have any questions or want to discuss training options.
- Length: 1 hour
- Location: online
- Audio: toll-free telephone or voice over ip (via computer speakers)
The new ProQuest platform brings you the best search experience possible, including advanced search options to help you locate relevant content quickly. Join an online session with one of our trainers to learn how to use the advanced search features and functionality in the new ProQuest platform. We will also try to answer any questions and show you how to access support, including tutorials, help pages and documentation. The session is scheduled for 45 minutes to cover:
- A review of advanced search tips
- Advanced Search and Command Line search forms
- Formatting a search using field codes, proximity operators and special characters
- Using ProQuest Smart Search to identify relevant subject terms
- Using the Thesaurus to locate appropriate subject terms
- Search results — faceted search options, document preview and more
SUGGESTED: Prior viewing of the Introduction to the New ProQuest Platform webinar or familiarity with the new ProQuest platform basic search features.
More Related Webinars
More CE Events