Calendar | 2012 Foundation Center Grants Workshop
2012 Foundation Center Grants Workshop
Learn the key components of a proposal to a foundation.
For those new to proposal writing, this class will cover:
- How the proposal fits into the overall grantseeking process
- What to include in a standard proposal to a foundation
- Tips for making each section of your proposal stronger
- What funders expect to see in your proposal and attachments
- Tips for communicating with funders during the grant process
- Additional resources on proposal writing, including sample proposals
You will also learn how to search the Foundation Centerâ€™s powerful database of over 100,000 grantmakers, Foundation Directory Online.
Instructor David Holmes
David Holmes is the Regional Training Coordinator for the Foundation Center - Cleveland, and has provided training and research assistance there since February 2005. He was previously employed as a Program Officer for the Stocker Foundation in Lorain, Ohio, and as the Director of Grants and Prospect Research at Notre Dame College in South Euclid, Ohio. Dave has a Bachelor's degree from the University of Pittsburgh, an MA from Villanova University, and an MLIS from Kent State University.
**The South Dakota State Library is a Cooperating Collection of the Foundation Center. Free access is provided to the Foundation Directory Online database.
No upcoming dates available as of October 30, 2012.