Young Adult Services | 2011 Teen Video Challenge
2011 Teen Video Challenge
“You Are Here” Teen Video Contest
CSLP has launched the “You Are Here” Teen Video Challenge 2011, a national competition for teens to get involved with reading and their public library's summer reading program.
Teens across the country are invited to create a 30 to 90 second video using the 2011 teen slogan “You are Here” in combination with reading and libraries. The idea is to involve teens in summer reading, before and during the summer months, by being part of the process and have a chance to be creative and have their ideas heard.
Each teen winner will receive a monetary award, as will the associated public library. Winners will be announced by CSLP in spring 2011.
The “You Are Here” Teen Video Challenge for South Dakota is open only to legal U.S. residents who are residents of the state of South Dakota aged 13-18. Participants are ineligible if directly related to any member of the panel of judges for the contest. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Contest Rules.
Individuals or groups may submit entries. Each participant or group may submit one video per entry. All members of the group must meet the age requirements stated above. Each entry must include signed model release form(s). All submissions must be received by March 1, 2011. Late entries will not be accepted. A DVD of the video will be requested from all winners.
Anyone under 18 must have a signed parental/guardian consent, whether submitting individually or as a member of a group.
How to Enter:
- Go to cslpreads.org â€“ and click the “You Are Here” Teen Video Challenge 2011
- Explore the resource link for art and music ideas in the public domain.
- Download the optional audio files, “You Are Here”
- Create your video
- Entitle your video with: You Are Here-SD-Your First Initial & Last Name (same as on Entry Form)
- Upload your video to YouTube.com.
- Fill out Model Release form [PDF] and Entry form [PDF].
- Mail completed forms by March 1, 2011 to :
“You Are Here” Video Challenge
800 Governors Drive
Pierre, SD 57501
Video Criteria for Acceptance:
All videos must:
- Be 30 to 90 seconds.
- Use the CSLP 2011 teen slogan “You Are Here” to convey the idea of teens as a part of a diverse country and world where all are unique and important.
- Promote the idea of using public libraries to learn about ourselves and the wonderful world.
- Promote the fun of reading.
- Entitle your video: “You Are Here-SD-Your First Initial & Last Name” (same as Entry Form) example: You Are Here-SD-J. Smith
- May include “You Are Here” audio in English, Spanish and/or Instrumental.
The South Dakota State Library will not be responsible for any video entries still on Youtube after the March 31, 2011, deadline. Any video containing the official CSLP artwork must be removed from Youtube by the individual or group who originally posted it by September 1, 2011.
Young Adult Program (You Are Here) theme art by Svetlana Chmakova.
2011 Collaborative Summer Library Program, www.cslpreads.org