Research | Researching Advice
- Article Research Advice
- Book Research Advice
- Recommended Websites
- Request assistance finding materials
- South Dakota Facts & Stats
Search databases that describe and index articles found in many magazines, professional/scholarly journals, and South Dakota/national newspapers.
Many of the databases also contain the article(s) themselves in
- full-text (all of the words) or
- full-image (the image of the article as it appeared in paper form).
If you have the description (citation) for the article(s) you want, State Library staff can obtain and send to you copies of article(s) found in libraries worldwide. You may request specific articles using any of these methods:
- type or cut-and-paste descriptions of the article (or citations) into the State Library's Article Request form
- type or cut-and-paste descriptions of the article (or citations) into the SDLN Catalog's “InterLibrary Loan Form.” You will need to log in with your SDLN-Member Library card number, click on “My Library Card” then “Interlibrary Loan Form.”
- Contact the South Dakota State Library for further assistance
Library Catalog (SDLN)
Describes, indexes, & locates items owned by the SD State Library, as well as 70+ other SD libraries, including every academic library in SD.
Category: books and literature, professional and scholarly, South Dakota
South Dakota's statewide library catalog describes and locates items owned by the South Dakota State Library and 70+ other South Dakota libraries, including every academic library in the state. The South Dakota Library Network Catalog is available free to everyone.
For more information on using the catalog, please review Using the State Library Catalogs
For South Dakota State Employees and libraries, the State Library will process Research and Material requests.
A worldwide catalog of 56 million items found in 9,000+ libraries, including State Library & 25+ SD libraries. Additional indexes to books, articles, dissertations, and archive material are also available.
Access From (with username/library card barcode and password): home, library and school campus, state government
Category: books and literature, education and libraries, encyclopedias, general, professional and scholarly
More information on using WorldCat .