April 2009, Volume 1, Issue 4
Worlds Connect @ Your Library
Clock is Ticking
South Dakota Public Libraries Data Digest
In this month's issue
- National Endowment for the Humanities Grant
- Gale/Library Media Connection TEAMS Award
- IMLS Save America's Treasures Program
- Lois Lenski Covey Foundation Grants
Rapid City Flood Project
Rapid City Public Library wanted to create something great for their community, in doing so they released the first of their “Ordinary People, Extraordinary Stories” series.
Build Your Support Base with the 3 P’s: Getting and Sustaining Funding
Robin Schrupp, Grant County Library Director since 1991, has learned to get and sustain funding for her library by applying the 3 P’s: a Personal Touch, Publicity, and Persistence.
More PR Pointers
A Make-‘Em-Think Donation Box from Platte
In Focus: Lee Crary
Meet South Dakota State Library's Staff: Lee Crary, School Library Coordinator, West River
- Harry Potter’s World Traveling Exhibit
Apply to host this new traveling exhibit in your library!
- 2009 South Dakota Children’s Book Award Winners
- Young Adult Reading Program (YARP) Teen Choice Winners
- Teen Summer Reading Project
Featured e-Resources of the Month
This year, National Library Week, April 12-18, celebrates “Worlds Connect @ Your Library.” Connect to other worlds from the library or home using South Dakota State Library electronic resources.