School Library Boot Camp
The third annual School Library Boot Camp will be held July 20-23 at the University of South Dakota in Vermillion.
Boot Camp instructors will present on the theme "ShaZam! The 4Cs in the 21st Century School Library!" This course explores those expectations by looking at the 4Cs - collaborating, critical thinking, creating, communicating - in terms of the ethical and legal matters students and staff encounter both online and offline. Course outcomes include a project that can be implemented during the 2014-2015 school year. School library staff and classroom teachers are encouraged to attend this course as partners.
- Abby Moore, Education Librarian, USD
- Danielle Loftus, Technology/Fine Arts Librarian, USD
- Faye Hagar, Educational Technology Integrationist, USD
- Dan Daily, Archives & Special Collections Dean of Libraries, USD
- Scott Ahola, Associate Library Director, Ref/Govt Documents, BHSU
- Jane Healy, Electronic Services Coordinator, State Library
- Marta Stirling, School Library Coordinator, State Library
- Joan Upell, School Library Coordinator, State Library
- Daria Bossman, South Dakota State Librarian
Boot Camp is a USD course. Students must elect to register for two credits at either the undergraduate or graduate level. This class has evening participation.
Everyone will have the opportunity to stay in an air-conditioned dorm and share meals with colleagues.
If you have any questions contact Kathleen Slocum through email or 800/423-6665.
The character of "Major Bookman" was created by artist Michael McGourty for the South Dakota State Library. Please respect our arrangement and do not reuse or alter the artwork for your own needs.
More CE Events