The Results Are IN!
2,046 South Dakota teens voted for their favorite book over the last 5 months and have decided their favorite books.
The winner in the Middle School category is Michael Vey: Prisoner of Cell 25 by Richard Paul Evans, and the runner up is Legend by Marie Lu.
The winner in the High School category is The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, and the runner up is The Selection by Kiera Cass.
April 11, 2014
Middle School List
- Curveball by Jordan Sonnenblick
- Dirty Little Secrets by C.J. Omololu
- Planet Middle School by Nikki Grimes
- Varient by Robison Wells
- Michael Vey: Prisoner of Cell 25 by Richard Paul Evans
- Chomp by Carl Hiaasen
- The Raft by S.A. Bodeen
- See You at Harry's by Jo Knowles
- Witchlanders by Lena Coakley
- Ghosts in the Fog: The Untold Story of Alaska's WWII Invasion by Samantha Seiple
- Dark of the Moon by Tracy Barrett
- Jerk Magnet by Melody Carlson
- One for the Murphys by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
- Underdogs by Mike Lupica
- Legend by Marie Lu
- Vindico by Wesley King
High School List
- Boy 21 by Matthew Quick
- Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
- The Fault in our Stars by John Green
- Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
- Insignia by S.J. Kincaid
- My Life in Black and White by Natasha Friend
- Pregnancy Project by Gaby Rodriguez
- Ripper by Stefan Petrucha
- Selection by Kiera Cass
- Shelter by Harlan Coben
- Trafficked by Kim Purcell
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
- I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga
- Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne
Permission: Book jacket covers displayed through an affiliate contract with Barnes & Noble.com .
Each year the Young Adult Reading Program (YARP) Committee of the South Dakota Library Association publishes a list to promote quality literature and to help South Dakota teachers and librarians in selecting and promoting books for adolescents. The books are selected from among the many young adult and adult books that have received positive reviews by national reviewing periodicals.
Are you having issues watching webinars or some other special online feature? Try a different web browser.
More CE Events