For Immediate Release: July 16, 2009
Contact: Mary Stadick Smith, South Dakota Department of Education, (605) 773-7228, email@example.com
Libraries to receive funding for computers, technology training
PIERRE, S.D.- Twenty-five South Dakota libraries will benefit from the third round of the Opportunity Online Hardware Grants from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation's U.S. Libraries initiative.
The funds will allow public libraries to obtain and maintain sufficient numbers of computer workstations. Eligible libraries can use the money for hardware upgrades, software, and technology support to ensure that their computers will adequately serve the public for years to come.
The South Dakota State Library will administer the grants, and each community library will have to provide an escalating local match to the grant funds over the next two years.
The 25 South Dakota libraries receiving Gates grants are:
- A.H. Brown Public Library, Mobridge
- Alexander Mitchell Public Library, Aberdeen
- Alexandria Public Library, Alexandria
- Armour Public Library, Armour
- Belle Fourche Public Library, Belle Fourche
- Bison Public Library, Bison
- Deadwood Public Library, Deadwood
- Emma Burnham Public Library, Frederick
- Faulk County Library, Faulkton
- Grant County Public Library, Milbank
- Grant County Public Library Branch, Revillo
- Ihanktonwan Community/College Library, Marty
- Kimball Centennial Library, Kimball
- Leola Public Library, Leola
- Marcus P. Beebe Memorial Library, Ipswich
- Moody County Resource Center, Flandreau
- Oglala Lakota College Library, Kyle
- Phoebe Apperson Hearst Library, Lead
- Rev. Martin Bieber Public Library, Bowdle
- Selby Community/School Library, Selby
- Sinte Gleska University Library, Mission
- Sisseton Memorial Library, Sisseton
- Vermillion Public Library, Vermillion
- Wagner Public Library, Wagner
- Whitewood Public Library, Whitewood
Contact Daria Bossman at the South Dakota State Library at (800) 423-6665.
This article has been archived and may not be current.
Five librarians graduate from Library Training Institute
posted Friday, June 24, 2016
State Library Board
September 28, 2016, Watertown
More CE Events