Public Library Directors 101
Are you new to the public library director role? Or considering becoming a director in the future?
This series will introduce you to the many and unique facets of public library directorship. Each of the four on-demand recordings provide a broad overview that both informs and inspires.
Public Library Directors 101 is an introduction to some of the key concepts every new public library director needs to know on the day they start their new job.
This fourâ€part video series was designed by state librarians, library development directors, and CE coordinators around the question: â€œWhat do public library directors tell us they wish they had known when they started their job?â€
The videos are under ½ hour each and apply to any library director in any size of library in any state. It is recommended that new library directors view all of the videos within the first month they begin their job.
- Your New Role
- Community Relations
- Planning and Project Management
- Asset management
Register for WebJunction library courses at http://learn.webjunction.org/ .
Public Library Directors 101 was produced through the Chief Officers of State Library Agencies (COSLA) Continuing Education Connector project and supported through funding from the Institute of Museum and Library Services and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Thanks to LSTA federal funding, the South Dakota State Library has renewed and paid for access to WebJunction learning which includes the following:
- A catalog of free online learning on library topics now available to all library staff (including students and volunteers). These self-paced courses and webinars have been developed by WebJunction and other organizations such as NCompass Live, ABLE, Infopeople plus much more. To access this content, simply create your free account at http://learn.webjunction.org/ .
- Certificates of completion will be provided to you for each and every course you finish or webinar you view through the WebJunction catalog.
- All attendees of WebJunctionâ€™s live webinar events are eligible to receive a certificate of attendance. These will be emailed to the address provided at registration, within one week of the live event.
- Dozens of new articles on hot library topics will be published on a regular basis, so stay tuned to the WebJunction.org homepage .
- Crossroads newsletter is broadcast each month, to alert you to upcoming learning opportunities and keep you updated on what is happening in the library world. Make sure you are subscribed!
- WebJunction will host more than 20 live webinar sessions throughout the year--free events that allow you to meet and learn from library leaders and fellow library practitioners.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact Kathleen Slocum.