You have accepted the Adult Winter Reading Challenge.
You should have already received your cartridge. There are six books. Use the bookshelf feature to navigate. You do not have to read the books in order.
The 2023 Winter Challenge books are:
- "Neither Wolf nor Dog" by Kent Nerburn (DB071434 )
- "Granny D: Walking Across America in my 90th Year" by Doris Haddock (DB053596 )
- "Duct Tape Killer" by Phil Hamman and Sandy Hamman (DB107082 )
- "Tisha" by Robert Specht (DB041798 )
- "They Went Left" by Monica Hesse (DB099223 )
- "Winterdance" by Gary Paulsen (DB043280 )
The rules are simple. Answer one question in a sentence or two. Each book has a different question.
Once all six challenge questions have been answered, you shall be entered into the prize drawing.
Every time you finish reading a book:
You may also print the Challenge form and return by March 31, 2023 to
SD Braille and Talking Book Library
800 Governors Drive
Pierre, SD 57501-2294
If you have any questions please contact:
- Josh Easter: 1-605-773-3131 Option 1, 4; 1-800-423-6665 Option 1, 4; or email
- Lynette Thum: 1-605-773-3131 Option 1, 2; 1-800-423-6665 Option 1, 2; or email
Adult Winter Reading Challenge
Senior High School students looking for more of a reading challenge can also participate at this level this year!
Join the challenge by calling or emailing a reader advisor or register online.
This year we've asked you our library patrons to suggest books for the challenge. You can still suggest books you think others would enjoy reading for future challenges by giving us your book recommendations when you register.
You will receive a customized 2023 reading challenge cartridge with books from various genres. It's a chance to try something new and maybe discover an author or genre that you'd like to read more of.
In addition to a cartridge with multiple books on it you will receive a short questionnaire - answer one short question after reading each book, and when all questions are answered, you have successfully completed the challenge! You can call and give us your answers or fill out the questionnaire form online.
Special drawings will be held for:
- Those who register by February 14 (Valentine's Day) and
- Those who complete the challenge by March 25. The drawing will be held during the March Social Club event.
So register today and cozy up with a new book!