Get Started in Online Courses
This page includes Training Opportunities presented by or in part by the South Dakota State Library. This includes upcoming and recent events. Presentations and Handouts will be posted here if available.
Guidelines for completing Online Courses
Many online courses are offered free to all South Dakota librarians. For some courses, however, the South Dakota State Library pays a fee for each registrant. To make sure the State Library is spending funds wisely we ask that you commit to the following guidelines when registering for a course:
- You'll carefully read the course description.
- You'll determine the benefits, to you and your library, of taking the course.
- You'll complete the pretest at the beginning of the course.
- You'll read and complete all sections of the course.
- You'll complete the posttest at the end of the course.
- You'll complete the course evaluation.
- You'll complete the course in the allotted time.
Those who fail to follow these guidelines may be subject to a registration fee the next time they register for an online course offered by the South Dakota State Library.
Live Meeting is an online meeting software that allows users to view the presenter's screen on their own computer. Audio is via telephone.
To attend a SD State Library webinar using Live Meeting:
- Check your e-mail for the login information.
- Click on the “Join Meeting” url in the e-mail.
- Call the 800 number for audio.
- Option 1:
- LiveMeeting is loaded on the computerâ€”check the top of the screen for a pop-up blocker.
- It is ok to download the file.
- Option 2:
- Live Meeting is not loaded on the computer. Use the web only option.
- Further technical difficulties?
- Check login information in email and follow troubleshooting steps.
- Call 800-423-6665
This information is also available in this printable download.
Voting is Open
South Dakota YARP/ Teen Choice Book Awards - Voting is Open!
Celebrating our 125th Statehood Anniversary!
Recently featured in LibraryScienceList.com's "Most Social Media Friendly State Libraries for 2013"
Continuing Education Workshops
Black Hills State University:
Library Media Online Program
The College of Education at Black Hills State University offers an undergraduate minor in library media.
Montana State University:
Library Media Program
School Library Media certification through Montana State University-Bozeman.
LSTA Five Year Plan
Did You Know...
An alternative way to access the Library Catalog is by logging into your ECardPlus. If you don't have a card, that's OK — just click "Guest" and you can search any SDLN Library's catalog.