Calendar | Common Core and School Libraries: Come one - Come All!
Common Core and School Libraries: Come one - Come All!
The SD State Library and the School Section of SDLA will be holding regional meetings at six locations for certified-teacher librarians, paraprofessional librarians, district librarians, library aides, and administrators who wish to attend to learn more about the Common Core State Standards, and specifically the "4th R" — Research, as they relate to school libraries.
These meetings came about as a group of library professionals met for a School Library Summit in Pierre in August to discuss the current situation within South Dakota school libraries. As one of four goals set by the summit group, regional meetings were indicated as a way to provide training on the Common Core, as well as to provide a time for networking and collaboration for school librarians around the state.
To quote library blogger Stephen Abram, "We have an opportunity in this early part of the 21st Century to invent the future and not just react to it." We hope to see you at a regional meeting!
To register for this free event, go to www.surveymonkey.com
The regional meetings will be held from 1:00-4:00 pm as follows:
- Tuesday, December 4: Winner High School Library, Winner
- Wednesday, December 5: Douglas High School Library, Box Elder
- Thursday, December 6: Agar-Blunt-Onida School Library, Onida
- Tuesday, December 11: Watertown High School Library, Watertown
- Wednesday, December 12: Brookings Middle School Library, Brookings
- Thursday, December 13: Roosevelt High School Library, Sioux Falls