This course is geared towards South Dakota library staff and will focus on digital reference services. Students will be introduced to ethics in reference services, searching techniques, and digital literacy on the internet.
By the end of this course, students will be able to search for and evaluate digital information sources available in libraries and on the internet.
- Fully online via Google Classroom
- February 28 - March 18, 2022
- Two guest speakers (via Zoom)
- Nancy Swenson, SDLA Intellectual Freedom Chair
- Cheyenne Chontos, SDSL Library Technology Coordinator
10 continuing education contact hours.
Readings, viewings, activities, and discussions are designed to equal a total of 10 hours of your time.