For this on-line book study, librarians will read, complete online journal entries/assignments for, and discuss the book, "Cultivating Connected Learning", by Megan E. Barrett and Rebecca J. Ranallo. The content and coursework is suitable for any librarian who is looking to implement more, different, and/or better library programming.
WHEN: March 4-31, 2024
WHO: Any South Dakota librarians and library staff are welcome!
WHERE: Online via Canvas
COURSE CREDIT: Earn 18 CECHs from SDSL
Cultivating Connected Learning: Library Programs for Youth
Authors: Megan E. Barrett and Rebecca J. Ranallo
The first 20 registrants will receive a free copy of this book from SDSL. All other registrants must purchase their own copy.
- Students will discover and explore the connected learning framework and how it relates to their library programming.
- Students will gain a deeper understanding of their own library's programming priorities.
- Students will create useable content to guide them in their future library program planning.
- Students will create a comprehensive plan for a new library program.
- Chapter readings and activities
- Final project
- Evaluation survey
The Department of Education, of which the SD State Library is a division, is excited to present a new professional learning platform.
All items in Instructure Canvas are considered "courses" within the platform even if they are webinars, workshops, conferences, or in-person events.