DIY CLEANER AND GREENER LIVING
- spray bottles
- jars with lids
- essential oils
- castile soap
- measuring/mixing items
- paper towels
- cotton fabric (dryer sheets)
Learn to make cleaning and household products from everyday items that do less harm to our planet! To inspire patrons to make a change to eco-friendly alternatives during an in-person program, present some facts about the toxicity of regular cleaning products. You could also make this into a passive program by printing recipes for patrons to take home (see Printables). The DIY recipes could also be recorded or run as an interactive Zoom presentation. Suggested runtime: 45 min.
Kallie goes over making the All Purpose Cleaner, Glass Cleaner, Carpet Freshener, Sink and Tile Scrub and Dryer Sheets.
- The Sustainable(ish) Living Guide: Everything you need to know to make small changes that make a big difference by Jen Gale
- Live Green: 52 Steps for a More Sustainable Life by Jen Chillingsworth
- What Does It Mean to Be Green? by Rana DiOrio, Addy Rivera Sonda
- CSLP manual: Adult, page 220-223